Culvert Investigation for Housing Developer
A major national house builder and contractor were constructing a prestigious multi-storey apartment block. The foundations of the proposed building would come very close to an underground conduit which conveyed land drainage from a large natural catchment.
Free Flow was requested to offer a competitive bid against national competition, to carry out the survey as quickly as possible as building work was suspended until a complete evaluation had been carried out.
The culvert was over 1.5m in size and had a steady stream flow at all time. The survey identified that the culvert was in fact composed of various brick and reinforced concrete structures which had been constructed over many years.
The work required a “walk-through” man entry confined spaces team of engineers and technicians.
Within one week of appointment, Free Flow had:
- Carried out a thorough risk assessment;
- Submitted a detailed method statement;
- Mobilised a fully trained and equipped team of experts;
- Carried out a full confined-spaces man-entry internal inspection of the culvert
- Prepared and submitting a technical report to the client detailing the findings and video with relevant still photographs.
The work was carried out to budget and programme.